Three entries took the top category trophies and 10 gold medals were awarded by judges in the inaugural International Sake Challenge, held in Tokyo. Two of the golds went to rice wine products from the Kamotsuru Sake Brewering Co.
The trophy winners:
• Daiginjo Trophy: Nanbu Bijin Daiginjo sake from the Nanbu Bijin Co.
• Junmai Daiginjo Trophy: Garyubai Junmai Daiginjo sake from the Sanwa Shuzou Co.
• Junmai Ginjo Trophy: Isojiman Junmai Ginjo from the Isojiman Premium Sake Brewery Co.
The gold medalists:
• Kamotsuru Soukaku, Kamotsuru Sake Brewering Co.
• Kamotsuru Tenrin, Kamotsuru Sake Brewering Co.
• Kozuki, Daishinshu Breweries Inc.
• Nanbu Bijin Daiginjo, Nanbu Bijin Co.
Junmai Daiginjo Category
• Garyubai Junmai Daiginjo, Sanwa Shuzou Co.
• Shichiken Kinunoaji Junmaidaiginjo, Yamanashi Meijo Co.
• Taiheizan Tenko, Kodama Jozo Co.
Junmai Ginjo Category
• Hamachidori Junmaiginjou Ginginga, Hamachidori Co.
• Isojiman Junmai Ginjo, Isojiman Premium Sake Brewery Co.
• Yuki No Bosha Junmaiginjo, Saiya Shuzouten Co.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.