Judges pick the best of Missouri
Six in-state wineries earned "Best of the Bunch Honors" in the 2006 Missouri Wine Competition.
The competition, sponsored by the Missouri Wine & Grape Board, drew 207 wines from 24 Missouri wineries.
Best of Class awards in nine categories went to these wines:
• Best Sparkling wine - Stone Hill Winery 2002 Blanc de Blancs
• Best Dry White wine - Montelle Winery 2005 Seyval Blanc
• Best Dry Red wine - Tower Rock Winery 2004 Cynthiana
• Best Semi-Dry White wine - Augusta Winery 2004 Vignoles
• Best Semi-Dry Red wine - Augusta Winery Reserve Red
• Best Sweet White wine - Stone Hill Winery 2005 Vignoles
• Best Sweet Red wine - Augusta Winery River Valley Red
• Best Dessert/Ice wine - St. James Winery 2004 Late Harvest Vignoles
• Best Dessert/Fortified wine - Mount Pleasant Winery 2002 Vintage Port
The Governor's Cup, the ultimate award for a Missouri winery, will be awarded to one of the Best of Class winners on Sept. 28 at the opening of the "Missouri Wine: History Uncorked" exhibit at the Mercantile Library in St. Louis. Details on the event: (800) 392-9463.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks
Posted by William M. Dowd at 4:13 PM